Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Back in Ankara!

After 5 months of Erasmus in Maastricht and 2,5 months of holiday in Baku finally I am in my place- Ankara! Erasmus helped me to discover that I do not want to lose my ties with Erasmus.So I started to work with ESN (Group of students working for international office, international students)
I wrote and ask Erkin Tarhan, who is the head of International office and he said, we are already waiting for you! :)
I came here a week ago and realized that I didn`t miss the city. It is too dry, to empty and broad.. I think, every city should have a sea, river, canal or a lake. Otherwise, the city seems too ordinary, even ugly.
First 3 days I was drinking a water whole day and night. My lips were getting dry and nothing helped.
During the period of international students' arrival I spent my whole day in International office. Not only me sure,  other ESN members as well. We went to the airport, filled their documents and welcomed them. It was tired, but very interesting. I liked the idea of being representative of Bilkent:) Answering to the questions of students, introducing campus, teaching them some Turkish, and on the other hand doing some office work on the computer... I realized that I really like active life. It is much better to feel tired than sitting home and doing nothing more than watching TV.
I met different people. In the first day of orientation, our university organized a Turkish breakfast, where we were supposed to give students' ID card, welcome package, email address and passwords etc. We put them on the table, so that students could find their ID-s with their own photos and names. One of the students, who was from Pakistan took the ID card of another person, who name was Ceylan Ceyhan. When I wanted to write his name to the list of commers he said nooo, I am not Ceylan. Then we asked, so why you took this ID if it is not yours? He said, hmss I just took it randomly :)))))
 This is a small and maybe a stupid example to indicate differences in levels, but I don`t really think that a European citizen could do this. I don`t want to seem as a racist, but this really shows the quality and the life standards of a citizen, which determines his or her behaviors.
I met some interesting and weird people. I met Charlotte from Maastricht. She is so different with her orange hair, green eyes, freckles in face and long legs, cute smile, flattered face. She hates "nice" people, thinks that nice people are not interesting :) She has a few trips alone to Thailand, China where she had an opportunity to read tens of books, talk to hundreds of people, continue her trip with a gay guy, who was also very intellectual and smart person. Especially a very good travelling companion, as she says.
It is just so enjoyable to talk with her, i feel relaxed. Sometimes I try to be bad, or not too good because she does not like people who wants to seem "nice"  :D
My friend brought me a special thing from Switzerland, where I can make fondue. So I decided to try it and made a chocolate fondue that we could taste it together with her. It was enjoyable!
Now I am sure that I love my life in Ankara, I love my school, people around me... And all other people, who are just well intentioned :)


No comments:

Post a Comment