Saturday, April 14, 2012

One day in Liege

                                                           A Random weekend day !


    We decided to go to Liege yesterday in the evening with Irem while we were having a dinner together. It is only 30 minutes by train, but another country, totally different city with french speaker citizens! That is really strange to feel the differences between two cities which are so close in location, but too different inside. In Holland I used to talk to people in english, and all of them know English well... But in Belgium however, their language -french is too different from English that makes a real trouble to switch their accent into english.. whatever. It was a wonderful day...
We went by 10am train and enjoyed the warm morning sun. It is the third largest city in Belgium. We have been in some shops and tried some clothes, but still I couldn`t find what I want! it was nice to see different brands while walking in the city center. The best thing there was stairs that were taking you to the top of the hills. Actually before I was thinking that Belgium does not have hills, because in Holland there is nothing even looking like a hill. Liege surprised me with it`s houses located in the top of hills. The Panorama from there was awesome!!  
We had a waffle with cream, good coffee, ice-cream and Pizza for dinner, I guess I got not less than 2 kilos! ooo, the scary thing was that we were close to missing the last train tonight.But  thanks to the young family, they took us to the station in Liege. They were too kind, even if we couldn`t communicate with them in English they was trying to understand us. They asked, `are you from London?` haha, they really made our day, with their kindness and with their biggest help. We said more than twice `merci beaucoup` to them! 
Today is my best friend`s birthday! I wish I were with her, but unfortunately.... Some friends are parts of us, we rarely realize it, but they have a big impact on us,on our lives and sure we have on theirs.. :)
Thanks for your existence Nemkam! Thanks for being my closest and for making my life so meaningful! Happiest to have YOU in my life! I know she loves tulips as well, so took a few pictures of tulips thinking about her :)




Stairs

Central Station





1 comment:

  1. Hi, Guls, I came here by searching for Maastricht and I like your blog. I'm also living here for a year now. Seems you like to explore this area. Just thought that we could start a new blog about this city and its surroundings, Limburg - in a way that "alien" explorers would do, admiring its colours, wandering its cobblestone streets, forgetting themselves in its good smells, trying to find some hidden places, all-in-all following the heartbeat of this place... If interested, pls contact me at birodalmak_asztalanal@mail.com. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete