Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Prague during Easter

                                       My trip to Praha


        My first period in Maastricht ended up, and for the Easter break I went to Prague. One of the exams was not so well, so there is a fear to fail the course, whatever! Holiday was short, but really nice!
First of all, I saw my friend Narmina, she came to Prague from Switzerland with her friend, and we stood there at her friend`s,  Nargiz`s place. So we were 4 girls. Although it was the first time I met two of them, I felt myself too relaxed with them. It seemed like we know each other for years... weird! I realized how much I missed Nara! it was a great opportunity -to travel a new country and meet with your best friend. This was enough to make the holiday colorful and happyy. Obviously, I didn`t want to come back at the end. 
I went to Prague from Rotterdam and I had an hour there to walk around. Rotterdam is a nice city to visit, it is different from Amterdam and Maastricht. I`m planning actually during these two weeks to make a tour in Holland... and feel differences between cities. We`ll see. 
The flight was only one hour, cheap and comfortable. They was waiting for me in the airport. It was surprising because they came to take me with car. It was so cool! we experienced an adrenaline when we jumped to the wide and  crowded street, from the narrow road across. We went to the city center, meet with some friends there, eat and drink something. Next day we went to Palladium- shopping center located in the center: we had a yummy chocolate fountain with some fruits, then we went to the Clock tower, the view from the tower was awesome, i took some pictures of the Clock square and the city.  I liked Charles Bridge, it seemed like the Bridge is the most important place of entertainment for tourists; painters were drawing caricatures, panoramic pictures, selling them and some other souvenirs. 
"Praha" is a cheap city, money currency is Czech Koruna. Average price for the good dinner is approximately 150-200 korunas, which is equal to 6-8 euros ( the mystery is that is seems more when you see hundreds, but it is only some euros) 
The language sounds close to Russian, but different enough.  But colors for ex, are almost the same (zenely, cherny-green, black).The funniest word was `pozor`, which means `attention` in Czech and `disgrace` in Russian.
I loved our walking around the city, joking and chatting with guys, singing karaoke whole night, spending time freely and entertaining. I really had fun these few days. Nara and her friend moved back a day before me, and we went with Nargiz to the Zoo-great place to visit in Prague, actually it is the best in the whole Europe, haven`t known it before. Very big territory and variety of animals! The weather was great so we could have a chance to enjoy the sun, see animals while walking in the park. Angelina Jolie has been there, we saw some of her photos with children.
The last night in Prague I tried `trdelnik` with Nargiz. It is typically Czech bakery food. I have seen it in one of the Turkish series, Kuzey Guney as if they became rich after bringing this thing into the Turkish market. In Prague they also put nutella inside and it tastes so good!
Coming back after the great holiday, staying home alone was too boring and sad. However, then I just tried to do something in order to destroy my bad mood. I went out to run around. I love jogging, it blows off steam and makes me energetic. 
Today we meet with one of my friends from Maastricht, and talked about our trips. She spent it in Italy. It was nice to listen to her story and adventures. I somehow refresh my lovely memories about my Italy trip 3 years ago...
Happy to be where I am now!





Clock Tower


The view from the Clock Tower to the square

Clock square


 Dancing house (why dancing don`t know)

  Zoo



Trdelnik
The view from the Charles Bridge


No comments:

Post a Comment